Organizing your pantry to suit your family’s needs can be frustrating. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to get your pantry organized. Here are some great ideas for simple pantry organization.
Are you ready to get your pantry organized once and for all? No more digging around looking for what you need. No more buying duplicates because you can’t see what’s in your pantry.
A little bit of simple pantry organization and your problems with that frustrating space will be gone forever!
Tips for organizing your pantry
- Empty everything out. Yes, everything.
- Discard out-of-date items. Be sure to check your spices, they aren’t good forever despite what we think.
- Clean all surfaces and make repairs if needed. Add new shelving or any changes you are making to the space.
- Group like items together.
- Place the most used items on the middle shelves so they are easy to get to.
- Place less used items on top shelves.
- Set heavier bulkier items, like cases of water, on the floor.
Simple pantry organization can be done with DIY projects or by purchasing inexpensive items to make your organizing easier to maintain.
Let’s take a look at these 19 simple pantry organization ideas that I know will make your life easier!
Simple Pantry Organization Ideas
1. Vegetable Storage Bin from Anika’s DIY Life
This DIY project is a simple pantry organization idea that you can make in an hour or less. It’s perfect for storing root vegetables in your pantry. Its easy design will fit on a shelf or you can even sit it on the floor.
2. Small Pantry Makeover from Lovely Etc.
Pantry organization doesn’t have to be expensive. Check out this door organizer used for canned goods. It’s adjustable so you can use it for taller pantry items as well.
3. Organized Spice Rack from Jen Woodhouse
How many times have you bought duplicate spices because you can’t see what you have in your pantry? It’s happened to me! This spice rack organization can be installed on the back of your pantry door and you’ll never wonder what spices you have again.
4. Pantry Door Organizer from Love and Renovations
Free up an entire drawer in your kitchen by adding this simple pantry organizing idea to your pantry door. It’s perfect for holding all your kitchen wraps and baggies for easy access. It’s an easy DIY project that you can customize to fit your door.
5. Slide out Pantry from The Honeycomb Home
This DIY slide out pantry is perfect when you don’t have a dedicated pantry closet. It’s slim and can be built in next to the refrigerator or anywhere else you have a bit of space in your kitchen. Organize all your pantry items in one place with this simple pantry organizing idea.
6. Clear Container Pantry Storage from Remodelaholic
You can buy clear containers in all shapes and sizes and they are ideal for pantry storage. Because they’re clear there’s no need for labels. Who needs them anyway when you buy different stuff at the grocery anyway?
7. Dry Goods Pantry Storage from Angela Marie Made
Store your pantry staples in labeled jars. They’re great to use for items you replenish on a regular basis. I love the font of these organizing labels and everything is easily accessible when you need it.
8. Galvanized and Fabric Bins in the Pantry from The Design Twins
Galvanized bins and fabric bins add extra organization to this pantry. Everything is labeled so you will know what goes where after a trip to the grocery. It’s also the perfect system to be able to see what you need when you go to the grocery.
9. Custom Pantry from Handmade Weekly
This custom pantry has it all! It even has pretty wallpaper. Wire shelves were replaced with custom built shelves, cabinets were installed with pull out dog food storage and a recycling bin and the shelving layout makes the most of the space allowing you to walk in and get what you need.
10. Leather Pantry Labels from The Merry Thought
Less is more with this DIY label idea for your pantry. Add simple leather labels to your wire mesh organizing containers for a minimal look in the pantry. They are easy to make and a simple pantry organizing project anyone can do.
11. Spice Packet Organizer for the Pantry from 100 Things 2 Do
Free up an extra drawer in your kitchen by adding a spice packet organizer to your pantry. It’s an easy project anyone can build and the handle makes it easy to pull out to get to the packet you need.
12. Stackable Wire Bins in the Pantry with Harlow and Thistle
Stackable wire bins make keeping vegetables and fruits in your pantry nice and organized. More airflow around them helps to keep them fresh longer. This is just one storage idea in this small pantry.
13. Farmhouse Pantry Organization from Cherished Bliss
Wood crates make perfect pantry organization. These crates have a chalkboard front making them easy to label for whatever you put in them. Chalkboard labels are great for pantries since you can wipe them off whenever you need to change your label.
14. Using a Lazy Susan in the Pantry with 2 Bees in a Pod
Pantry organization doesn’t have to be fancy, try a lazy Susan to add more storage to your pantry. It will make it easy to see what you have and easier to get to on wire shelving.
15. Under Shelf Wire Organizers with Young House Love
Under-shelf wire organizers are a simple pantry organizing idea that can be used on any shelf and you can move them around wherever you need them. They simply slide onto the shelf above.
16. Open Pantry Organization from Place of My Taste
Would you dare to take the door off your pantry and leave it open for all to see? With organizing solutions like these I bet you would. Perhaps having it open to view all the time will help you keep it organized.
17. Tiered Spice Rack from Saws on Skates
Here’s a DIY project you can make for your spices. It’s a tiered shelf that will let you see what you have without having to constantly move your spices around on the shelf. It would also be great for can goods.
18. Woodburned Pantry Storage from The Inspired Hive
I love this creative pantry labeling idea! Woodburned labels glued to the front of premade crates so that you know exactly where to put your grocery items. Woodburning isn’t hard so don’t be intimidated. Even if you have never done it before you can do it!
19. Chip Storage Rack from Practical Whimsy Designs
Don’t you just hate potato chip bags laying on a pantry shelf without a clip getting stale? Or worse, spilling everywhere? This chip storage rack is the perfect solution! No more losing chip clips either. They’re attached directly to the board.
So! There you have it!
So many easy-to-implement ideas. Which one will you implement today?