It’s that time of year again! Time to open the windows, let in some fresh air, and clean our living spaces deep.
Spring cleaning is a great way to declutter and start anew, but it can be daunting if you don’t know where to start.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Here are a few tips on how to spring clean your space for a fresh start:
1. Start with dust, vacuum, and clean surfaces. This will help eliminate any allergens or build-up that has accumulated over the winter months.
2. Donate or sell items you no longer need or use. This will help declutter your space and make room for new items.
3. Clean out your closet – donate clothes you don’t wear and organize the ones you wear. This will make getting dressed in the morning much easier!
4. Clean under your bed – this is a great place to store seasonal items or things you don’t use often.
5. Wash curtains, sheets, and pillowcases. This will help remove any dust or dirt that has been collected on these items.
6. Organize your pantry and cabinets. This will make finding what you need when you’re cooking or looking for something specific will make it easier.
7. Finally, deep clean your bathroom – scrub the tub, sink, and toilet. This will leave your bathroom feeling refreshed and new.
8. Don’t forget to clean your windows! This will let in more light and make your space feel brighter.
9. Vacuum or mop all floors. This will remove any dirt, dust, or hair collected over time.
10. Organize your desk or work area. This will help you be more productive and efficient when working from home.
11. Clean out your car. This will help you get rid of any trash or
12. Wash all walls and ceilings. This will remove any dirt, dust, or fingerprints that have been collected on these surfaces.
13. Declutter your entertainment center. This will help you eliminate any movies, games, or books you no longer use or need.
14. Organize your home office. This will help you be more productive and efficient when working from home.
15. Clean out your gutters and downspouts. This will help prevent water damage to your home and keep your drains working properly.
If you are ready to level up on decluttering your home, check out our 73 page eBook and learn how to finally be clutter free!
16. Inspect your home for any repairs that need to be made. This will help you identify any issues before they become more significant problems.
17. Pressure wash your deck, patio, or porch. This will remove any dirt, dust, or pollen collected on these surfaces.
18. Clean your barbecue grill. This will remove any food or grease that has accumulated over time.
19. Wax your floors. This will help them look shiny and new, and it will also make them easier to clean in the future.
20. Finally, don’t forget to change your air filters! This will help improve the air quality in your home and make it more comfortable to live in.
Spring cleaning doesn’t have to be a daunting task – with a bit of planning and some elbow grease, you can have your space looking and feeling its best in no time!
Following these tips will help you get a fresh start this spring! Your home will feel cleaner and more organized, and you’ll be able to enjoy the warmer weather ahead.