There are all sorts of detox diets and cleanses you can do to cleanse your body, but what about your home? Toxins can build up in our environment just as they can in our bodies, so it’s important to take steps to detox your home occasionally. Here are 35 actions you can take to get started!
1. Get rid of any products that contain harmful chemicals.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
2. Switch to natural, eco-friendly cleaning products.
3. Stop using synthetic air fresheners and opt for more natural alternatives.
4. Bring in some plants to purify the air naturally.
5. Invest in an air purifier to remove any remaining toxins from the air in your home.
6. Get rid of any plastic containers and switch to glass or metal instead.
7. Avoid using harsh chemicals when doing laundry – opt for natural, eco-friendly options instead.
8. Line dry your clothes whenever possible to avoid exposing them to extra toxins.
9. Only heat up food in glass or ceramic containers – never in plastic.
10. Don’t use non-stick cookware as the coating can release harmful toxins when heated.
11. Avoid drinking bottled water – filter your own water at home instead.
12. Stop using disposable coffee cups and invest in a reusable mug or thermos.
13. Bring your own shopping bags to the grocery store to avoid using plastic bags.
14. Recycle or compost as much as possible to reduce the amount of waste in your home.
15. Don’t use toxic pesticides or herbicides in your yard – opt for natural alternatives instead.
16. Use all-natural, non-toxic products when cleaning your bathroom and kitchen.
17. Get rid of any old cosmetics that may contain harmful chemicals or preservatives.
If you are ready to level up on decluttering your home, check out our 73 page eBook and learn how to finally be clutter free!
18. Only buy furniture made from natural materials like wood or bamboo.
19. Choose flooring options like hardwood or tile instead of carpet to avoid toxins in your home.
20. Make sure your home is well-ventilated to allow fresh air to circulate and help detox your home naturally.
21. Open the windows and doors as often as possible to let in fresh air.
22. Consider investing in indoor plants to help purify the air in your home.
23. Change your furnace filter regularly to avoid circulating toxins in your home.
24. Keep your home free of dust and dirt to avoid exposing yourself to harmful particles.
25. Don’t allow smoking inside your home to avoid toxic secondhand smoke exposure.
26. Avoid using synthetically scented candles or air fresheners – opt for natural alternatives instead.
27. Use all-natural, non-toxic personal care products like shampoo, soap, and skincare products.
28. Avoid using harsh chemicals when doing laundry – opt for natural, eco-friendly options instead.
29. Don’t use disposable paper towels – switch to reusable cloth towels instead.
30. Use all-natural, non-toxic cleaning products throughout your home.
31. Avoid using synthetically scented candles or air fresheners – opt for more natural alternatives instead.
32. Bring in some plants to purify the air and help detox your home naturally.
33. Invest in an air purifier to remove any remaining toxins from the air in your home.
34. Keep your home free of dust and dirt to avoid exposing yourself to harmful particles.
35. Make sure your home is well-ventilated to allow fresh air to circulate and help detox your home naturally.
While all these tips are great for detoxing your home, it’s important to remember that the most important thing you can do is create a healthy environment for yourself and your family. Make sure to take some time each day to relax and de-stress in your clean and toxin-free home. How do you detox your home? What are your favorite tips? Let us know in the comments below!